Saturday, June 16, 2018

Dandy Demo: A Workshop Wonder

For years I ran a cartooning workshop in Pittsburgh, mostly at the Community College of Allegheny County and Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, but also at Sweetwater and the Carnegie Museum of Art. These character poses, of Gower Goose and Megaton Man, respectively, are from a demonstration piece I did in one workshop, probably around 2000. I scanned it and colored it digitally in 2018.

Megaton Man and Gower Goose!

The original 14" x 17" sheet of Bristol board. I would improvise such demonstration pieces on the spot, and they would turn out only slightly less coherent than my more planned-out work!
[I belatedly realize I should have posted this to my Megaton Man™ blog, but it's too much trouble to change it over at this point! Oh, well, Clarissa can use the traffic.]

No comments:

Post a Comment