Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Origin of Ms. Megaton Man!

These two contiguous panels are from Megaton Man Meets the Uncategorizable X+Thems #1 (Kitchen Sink Press, 1989), originally published in black and white. (I've colored them up for a pitch for the new Megaton Man material I'm creating, either as a new series or graphic novel.) They depict the momentous origin moment when Clarissa James realizes she has somehow gained Megapowers, and subsequently dons the primary-colored costume of the Man of Molecules! Clarissa has always unleashed a certain dynamic energy in me when I draw her, and these panels are a great example, where I was trying to go for a decided Jack Kirby/Big Barda feeling! Ms. MM had a major role in Bizarre Heroes in the 90s, and will have an even bigger role in the new Megaton Man storyline, featuring everyone's return to Megatropolis and the formation of a new Megahero team, the Doom Defiers! Stay tuned for more developments.


1 comment: